Regarding our furry companions, we are ready to spoil them to any extent with their favorite treats. Some of us even share our snacks with them, and it’s healthy (it’s a love language), but some toxic foods can be poisonous for your pal, so before you share a pack of snacks, it’s crucial to find which one is healthy and which one is not. 

So, here are the top and most common food that shouldn’t be given to your furry at any cost!




The most common treat we are used to giving everyone is chocolate, and without knowing its adverse effect on our furries, we feed it to them too sometimes, some furries love chocolates, but that doesn’t mean we should provide it to them. It contains a compound called methylxanthine, theobromine that is poisonous to cats and dogs. Even small amounts of chocolate can be harmful to your furry. Each chocolate contains different concentrations of sugar and cocoa, so the level of toxicity differs from one chocolate to another. 




  • Nausea 
  • Vomiting
  • Seizures
  • Hyperactivity 
  • Increased heart rate
  • Diarrhea 
  • Coma
  • Death




Dairy is something an Indian household can’t do without; even if you aren’t from India, it’s almost impossible to go without dairy for more than a day (not talking about lactose intolerant people). But as harmless as it may look, dairy is not suitable for your furries. Dairy, such as ice cream, yoghurt, milk, cheese, etc., can cause trouble for your cats and dogs because cats and dogs have a hard time digesting lactose. Cats are carnivorous animals, so dairy is not a good choice for your cat! 




  • Allergies 
  • Itchiness 
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea 
  • Indigestion 



Onions and Garlic:

These vegetables are used in almost every meal in your household and are most likely lying around in your kitchen. And them being in practically every meal you cook makes every meal toxic for your furry. It’s poisonous to dogs and cats, but cats are more sensitive to it, although dogs can also face severe problems if they consume large amounts. 

Note: Your mom’s curry can be lip-smacking but not suitable for your furry. So, no curry for the furry!




  • Breathlessness 
  • Muddy colored gums
  • Elevation in heart rate
  • Anaemia (as it damages red blood cells)
  • Death( if consumed in large amount)



Salt and salty treats: